Bienvenido • Welcome • Herzlich • Willkommen 欢迎 • Добро • пожаловать • Bienvenue Fàilte • הבא ברוך • Benvenuti • ようこそ
Since 1981 the SATELLITE Conference and Exhibition has brought professionals from across the globe and every segment of the satellite ecosystem together under one roof for the most important satellite and space technology event of the year.
Why attend? SATELLITE provides you with an excellent venue for networking with prospective business partners, as well as the opportunity to learn more about issues and opportunities facing the global satellite-enabled communications marketplace.
Forward-looking Program: Featuring experts, innovators, entrepreneurs, and leaders from established players and new space companies, the SATELLITE conference program is designed to provide you with insight and knowledge you won’t find anywhere else.
Unrivaled Exhibition: The SATELLITE Exhibition is the largest show floor dedicated to connectivity technology, including antennas, broadband technology, terminals, modems, satellite networks, broadcast services, amplifiers, automation technology, and more. You’ll also have a chance to check out the newest startups in the Startup Pavilion and Startup Space pitch competition.
New to SATELLITE? If you’re new to SATELLITE and exploring ways your company can capitalize on connectivity, this is an unprecedented opportunity to learn from brilliant satellite experts, and trade ideas with other professionals whose organizations rely on satellite communications to deliver a superior product to their customers.
Sending a delegation? We offer exclusive discounts on conference registration for delegations, contact us at register@SATShow.com for more information.
Traveling to Washington, DC
There are three major international airports that service the metropolitan Washington DC area:
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
Approximately 9 miles
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
Approximately 26 miles
- Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI)
Approximately 40 miles
Visit our travel page for airline discount options!
- Super Shuttle – Transportation from Super Shuttle is available at all three airports. Super Shuttle offers shared rides, non-stop rides, black car service, and executive car service. Visit www.supershuttle.com for more pricing information and to book your ride!
- Taxi – All airports are served by the taxi transportation system. At the airport, proceed to the “Taxi Line” for assistance on getting a taxi to your final destination.
- Uber/Lyft – Rideshare services through Uber and Lyft are available in the Washington D.C. metro area. You can request Uber and Lyft rides at all three airport.
For more travel tips to Washington, D.C or questions about tours, embassy visits, customs processes, check out National Geographic and Washington.org.
Enjoy discounted pricing at one of the many hotels partnering with SATELLITE to offer you convenient access to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. To reserve your housing at a special rate, click here.
Exploring Washington, D.C.
Did you know that your SATELLITE 2024 badge gives you exclusive discounts all around Washington, D.C.? All you have to do is present your SATELLITE badge to the vendor of your choice and you’ll get exclusive discounts on attractions, restaurants, retail, and tour deals! You can find more information on the Washington, D.C. Website.
U.S. Visa Information
Helpful quick links from the U.S. Department of State:
To estimate how long you will have to wait to get an interview appointment to apply for a visa, please go to the Visa Wait Time web site.
Tips For A Successful Visa Interview
Request your letter of invitation and make your appointment for a visa interview early. Wait times for a visa interview can be several weeks or more in many countries, especially during peak travel periods. With this in mind, you are strongly urged to place your request for a letter of invitation to attend SATELLITE 2024 as soon as possible.
Here are some tips to make your visa interview successful:
- Request a letter of invitation from SATELLITE 2024. The sooner you request your letter of invitation, the better, as it may take longer to apply for a visitor visa.
- Schedule an appointment with your embassy as soon as you receive your visa. Make your appointment early as wait times can be long in some countries. Please request your letter of invitation before you make your appointment and make sure you have your letter available for your interview.
- Verify fees and requirements. Click here to find out about visa fees and methods of payment accepted by the embassy or consulate. The website also contains information on other requirements such as photographs.
- Show proof of “strong ties” that bind you to your country of residence. The consular officers conducting interviews look for proof that you will return to your country. Evidence of “strong ties” includes proof of business ownership or employment, and social and family relationships.
- If you have traveled to the U.S. previously, provide documentation demonstrating that you returned to your country on time. Use an airline ticket stub or boarding pass to show your return flight or meeting materials that show you attended a business conference as proof that you returned within the time frame you stated.
- With your application, include any materials SATELLITE 2024 may have sent you. Include with your application any printed conference materials you received from SATELLITE 2023 to prove that the conference and exhibition is a legitimate business event.
- Present your entire trip itinerary with your application. Include any plans you may have to travel to any country other than the United States, at the time of visa application.